A Fresh Look at the Number, Effectiveness, and Cost of Meetings in the U.S.
Bad meetings are a big issue in the modern workplace. Just how big of a deal are they?
The most frequently quoted statistics say that there are:
- 11 million meetings in the US per day (Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CBS News, HRM America, CNBC, NPR, Inc.com, MIT Sloan Management Review)
- Up to 50% of these meetings are a waste of time, costing the US $37 billion per year (Business Insider, Inc, BABM, The British Psychological Society)
That’s a big problem. Except, these numbers are wrong. We've poured through the research, done the math, and pulled together the most up-to-date information so you don't have to.
The PDF download includes:
- The Numbers: Infographic
- The Story Behind the Numbers
- Question 1: How many meetings are there a day, really?
- Question 2: How effective are all those meetings?
- Question 3: What is the cost to the U.S. economy of wasted meetings?
- Findings: Now what?