Soul Cages, Playgrounds, and Meeting Spaces That Work
Rule 8: Plan the design of meetings.
Deep Dive with Matt Chadder, instinct laboratory
September 24, 2020 9 AM PT/ 12 PM ET / 17:00 London (See in your timezone)
Limit 100 participants.
Every meeting is a fully immersive human experience. Whether that experience leaves teams inspired and energized, or drained and frustrated, depends on the quality of that experience - including the environment in which the meeting is held.
Did you know research shows that:
- the shapes of tables change how much people spend in restaurants?
- the position, shape and size of counters in stores influence how much people buy?
- the dimensions and geometry of a meeting table impact the way in which people interact and collaborate?
- different shapes of seats alter our ability to concentrate?
- light has a huge impact upon how we feel in meeting rooms?
We know all this because Matt shared these and other insights with the Meeting Moonshot group. In fact, Matt's research suggests that you may be able to adjust the meeting outcome by as much as 80% by changing the environment.
In this session, Matt will share fascinating insights about how the physical world can influence our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and what this might mean for your meetings.
Together, we'll share examples from our own meeting environments that support or detract from our success, and then we'll use what we've learned to envision the kind of meeting spaces we'd love to inhabit.
Join us if you want to:
- Learn the design elements which influence meeting outcomes.
- Explore how different designs can work for different types of meetings.
- Create a vision for meeting spaces fit for purpose.
- Get Inspired to augment or overhaul your existing meeting space.